Tuesday, August 24, 2010

T-shirt Deconstruction/Reconstruction and Decoration!

There are so many things that you can do with old t-shirts.  I had each teen/tween bring their own shirt, plus I had some old SRP shirts laying around, too.  I had some books like Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform Your T-Shirt by Megan Nicolay, 99 Ways to Cut, Sew, Trim, and Tie Your T-Shirt into something SpecialTease: Inspired T-Shirt Transformations by Superstars of Art, Craft, and Design by Faith Blakeney, and by Sarah Sockit. 
I tried to find some ideas in these books that did not require any sewing, then I made copies of the instructions for the kids to use.  Then I laid out lots of scissors, fabric markers, fabric paint, beads, glitter, fabric glue, etc. and I just let the kids go.  They came up with lots of great ideas.
For more inspiration, check out http://www.generation-t.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment